- It’s completely okay to pay $15 for parking in the CBD when you spend 4 hours walking around and enjoying the river walk. It’s even better when the day is the right combination of warm and cool, sun and shade.
- Streets Beach always surprises me no matter how many times I’ve seen it. I love the idea of someone working in the CBD and walking to the beach for a quick swim during lunch.
- Having lunch in the food court at QUT (Queensland University of Technology) made me miss being surrounded by college students every day. But it also made me feel old.
- No one wanted to go to the museum with me. I mentioned it as an option multiple times, but Dan’s family aren’t museum people. It’s even free to go, and free just wasn’t motivation. I had to be content with the views of the river, the giant wheel, the Nepalese pagoda, and people watching instead. It was too nice out to be inside.
- WALK TO THE LEFT, PEOPLE!