Here’s a bit of reality for you by way of some numbers. No glamorous photos at all.
- Number of televisions I have seen sitting on the grass on my block since I arrived here: 5
- Number of grocery carts/trollies I have seen hidden among the bushes behind the building just down the street: 4
- Number of times a loud vehicle drives too fast down my street per day: 7
- Number of dollars I spent on a good bottle of gin last week: 45
- Number of seagulls clustered around someone’s tent/towel at the beach yesterday after the person decided it would be fun to feed them: 23
- Number of bush fires raging in New South Wales right now: too many to count and pictures